Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 6

Day 6 was a bit harder... The weight loss is great...in fact it's spectacular! My clothes are looser and I feel lighter.

However my joints began to hurt.... What's with THAT!?! Is it because I just turned 50? Is it because of something I am missing nutritionally? Is it because I was on the elliptical twice? Is it because I sat on the floor cleaning??? I dunno.

I'm becoming bored with my food choices. I have managed to figure out some meals for the week but looking at the next 3+ weeks in front of me I am wondering what I am going to eat? Salad every day without cheeses and croutons and crackers and meat is monotonous. Brown rice is filling but not too exciting... I can only eat a baked sweet potato once in awhile and I don't know how many ways I can prepare spaghetti squash... I obviously need some recipes.

I also need to begin juicing because I really need something to drink once in a while that is not water. I'm just accultured that way.

Yesterday I began to think about what I could eat when my 30 days are over... I don't want to think like that. I want to be healthy. I want to be lighter. I do NOT want to go back to what I was doing before... How hard will that be?

So, what did I eat?

Breakfast

Coffee
Boiled Eggs

Lunch

Grazed through the afternoon again on fruit and veggies...ate a cucumber and carrots, an apple and grapes.

Dinner (was GREAT!)

The meal for the fam was Cajun sausages, red beans & rice, salad and cornbread muffins.

For me...

Red Beans and rice
Salad

Because I wasn't counting on meat to flavor the beans I added sauteed peppers, onion, garlic and celery to the beans. Then I sprinkled in Thyme, Oregano and chili powder and let them simmer for a few hours. They were amazing. By far my favorite Vegan meal yet.

I did not get enough leafy greens on day 6. Must improve... on to Day 7, the end of week one.




No comments:

Post a Comment