Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 3

Day 3 was easy...if only every day could be Day 3.

I slept better and woke up early. Felt a little anxious but I'm hoping one of my end results will be a better ability to face the mornings... one can hope.

I woke up and discovered that I was down 6 pounds. (as of this, day 4, morning I am down 9 pounds!!!) That motivates me.

I felt more energetic throughout the day.

I did a few minutes on the treadmill and went to church so I can check off all the boxes ... It's not stellar but I'm a work in progress people... one step at a time.

My classes have started now so it will be increasingly challenging to eat well, shop and prepare nurturing food as apposed to filling the freezer and pantry with pizzas and potato chips. Also, hubby Tim has joined me in my 30 day challenge.

I'm wondering if it will get difficult for me to find new ways to eat brown rice and salads...How long will that be interesting? A cheeseburger is just 26 days away...if I choose to accept it ...

So, what did I eat yesterday?

Breakfast

The usual boiled eggs and coffee (it's easy and tolerable in the AM)

Lunch

Leftover rice from day 2 and salad with Romaine, Spinach and cukes.
(I think the rice helped me to feel fuller longer)

Snack

Banana

Dinner

Big salad with Romaine, Spinach, mushrooms and cukes

Snack

Mixed fruit w/ cantaloupe, kiwis and blueberries

Was less hungry when I went to bed...that's getting easier. It's been a long time since I allowed myself to feel hungry. Sad really...

I was asked how I was getting my calcium and I see that I'm coming up short on protein also. I will need to figure it out.. oddly enough I am not feeling any of the signs of high blood sugar...I wondered about the sugar content of the fruits but so far no problems. I will attribute that to the elimination of "white" foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment